Yep, I know – I deserve an award for getting it done so soon, eh? :roll: :lol:
Right, here we go:
The ‘2’ is a brass door number I found in a store LOL I just used normal silver brads and dimension glaze to fix it to the cover. The ‘hinges’ are just bits of paper with brads through them (NO KIDDING! I hear you say :lol: ) I cut the cardstock in half, fixed the patterned paper and then added the matted photograph, placing folded ribbon under as a tab.
This is part of what took so long. I had already done some journalling about the day on vellum (printed from the computer) and wanted to add some hidden tags, just listing the bits and things that Matthew is doing at this age. Added bits of yo-yo string (you read right) to the tags, and thought the flower wasn’t too girly. The ribbons are supposed to be taut enough to keep the tags from falling out. They’re ok, but not exactly what I had intended. Might have to revisit them another time ;)
The right-hand side. I found the can tops at a $2 store and the monogram came off a partypack that was given to Matthew. Obviously had to add the invitation that we’d done for him!
Some of the birthday photographs. I used hinges on two of them to add some more photographs and some more journalling underneath.The top and bottom flap had more pics of the birthday goodies.
And finally, the open layout. I’d sanded and inked the edges of the patterned paper. Silly me never thought to keep track of the papers & cardstock I used. Apologies for this oversight :oops:
Righty-oh. Moving on to the next layout :D